Moss Side Medical Centre is committed to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults. If you have any concerns regarding the welfare of an adult or child please do not hesitate to discuss this with one of our doctors or contact Janet Morris, Practice Manager.Dr Uday Kanitkar is the safeguarding lead for our practice.
Are you concerned about a child who you know or suspect is being neglected or abused?
- Report your concerns to Lancashire County Council, Children’s Customer Care 0300 123 6720 (8am to 8pm) OR Out of Hours 0300 123 6722
- If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the Police on 999
- You can access the NSPCC Website to learn of the signs, symptoms and effects of child abuse and neglect
Are you concerned about an adult?
There are some adults who are unable to keep themselves safe from exploitation or significant harm due to age, disability, illness or lifestyle.Have you noticed or witnessed
- A change in the adults behaviour or mood/personality
- an unexplained injury or a series of injuries
- signs of fear or distress
- signs of neglect
- theft, fraud or unexplained financial worries
This list is not exhaustive but is an indicator of some of the behaviours an adult who is being abused or neglected may present with.If you are concerned about an adult (18 years +) who may be at risk of abuse, you can report your concerns to Lancashire County Council, Adult Social Care.Report your concerns by telephone on 0300 123 6721 or visit the LCC website here: Safeguarding